Help With Hemorrhoids
Most of us over the age of 30 have at some point in time suffered from hemorrhoids. They are one of the most common medical ailments suffered by both men and women. Usually 80%of those who suffer with hemorrhoids are able to handle them with over the counter preparations and a few lifestyle changes. For others who suffer with external hemorrhoids surgery may be needed.
- Internal hemorrhoids are usually sign free.
- The most common symptom is blood seen covering the stool or on mouthwash.
- It is when these types of internal hemorrhoids prolapse to the outside of the anal sphincter that they become extremely painful and problematic.
- Depending on the severity of your hemorrhoids you may be able to obtain relief with the following methods: A sitz bath.
- Sit in a few inches of warm water for fifteen minutes two to three times a day.
- When you wipe do not use toilet paper, use a pad or cotton ball moistened with witch hazel.
- You can purchase pre moistened pads in the drug store.
- You can use an over the counter cream to help reduce the burning and itching.
- Do not use it over the time specified by the manufacturer.
Some Hemorrhoids Must be Treated Surgically
There are several ways this is done. The first is a rubber band ligation where a group is placed around the hemorrhoid to stop the blood flow to it. The particular hemorrhoid withers away within a few days. Sclerotherapy is when a chemical solution is injected to shrink the hemorrhoid. Hemorrhoidectomy, where the hemorrhoid is surgically removed is normally used in severe cases.
- Other more longlasting measures to help you prevent a recurrence of hemorrhoids are to eat much more fiber.
- Take a fiber supplement on a daily basis.
- Drink plenty of water to help keep your stools smooth.
- Do not put off your urge to have a bowel movement.
- Don't sit for long periods of time on the toilet.
Bleeding Internal Hemorrhoids - How To Stop It!
http://4betterhealth.info/go/bleedingexthemo/◅◅ Click on the left to know how to get rid of hemorrhoids. Bleeding Internal Hemorrhoids : How to cure it?
Please Understand that Any Rectal Bleeding Should be Evaluated by a Physician.
About the author:This article courtesy of http://www.hemorrhoid-help.net.
Jennifer T. Rader
Jennifer is a writer at utiurine.info, a resource on health tips. Last year, Jennifer worked as a blog curator at a high tech company. When she's not reading web content, Jennifer loves working out and fishing.