Schedule a Consultation There are numerous treatments that are available, which can effectively remove symptomatic hemorrhoids. While topical products may reduce the discomfort related to this condition, they will not really remove the problem. If you are suffering from chronic hemorrhoids, you may need to undergo a hemorrhoid removal procedure.
- These procedures can be done right at a doctor's office or at a special clinic that handles hemorrhoid removing.
- While most can be done on an outpatient basis, more serious surgeries may include being admitted into a hospital.
- Let's look at all of the methods that can be used for hemorrhoid removal.
- Banding - This is a very common procedure that has been used for many years.
- A small band is placed around the hemorrhoid very tightly.
- This cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid and it will begin to shrivel.
- After a few days, it will fall off as well as the individual can get on with the healing process.
- The procedure is virtually painless, and it is usually quite effective.
How to Identify Hemorrhoids
80% of people diagnosed with colon cancer originally thought they were suffering from hemorrhoids. Learn how to identify hemorrhoids from a doctor in this ...
Infrared Coagulation (IRC)
This technique uses infrared light, which is used in order to coagulate the small vessels found in a hemorrhoid, and so could be very useful in smaller and also less serious cases. This is generally done in an office or perhaps an outpatient clinic, and is accompanied by small discomfort.
Hemorrhoids Feel Like Pressure explainedHemorrhoids Feel Like Pressure explainedin depth. Calmovil Hemorrhoid Relief Set includes homeopathic drops, soothing topical cream, and herbal supplement, formulated to help target the source of piles. Calmovil contains the highest quality active ingredients that have been scientifically developed to deliver the best results. Calmovil's active ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy circulation, helping in reducing inflammation and support healthy hemorrhoidal veins. Now they are all combined into this special Hemorrhoid formula. Improving blood flow, reducing inflammation and supporting healthy veins has been proven to ease the symptoms associated with piles.
More about This Product »
The unusual circumstance when less invasive steps are inadequate to control a patient's symptoms, a surgical procedure may be necessary. These are more involved procedures, and tend to be together with more pain and disability, so they need to be reserved for only the most serious cases. Make certain that you talk about the risks and benefits of these procedures with your physician prior to consenting to one of these surgical procedures.
Harmonic Scalpel Treatments
This sort of hemorrhoid removal uses a special scalpel that operates with ultrasound surf. The scalpel is used to be able to remove the hemorrhoid and the blood vessels are automatically cauterized. This is considered to be an almost bloodless procedure and is usually recommended for large hemorrhoids or even for those that are very painful.
This is very similar to harmonic scalpel treatments, but in this case, an actual laser beam are going to be targeted on the hemorrhoid. This type of hemorrhoid removal is growing in popularity, and is very effective. The laser beam automatically cauterizes the area, and the nerves are going to be sealed away from as well. This method may be accompanied by a bit less pain than the typical surgical hemorrhoidectomy.
Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
This technique utilizes a special stapling device that cuts through the involved vessels, and staples the tissue back together again. This also is associated with a bit less pain than a conventional hemorrhoidectomy, which is becoming more popular with many surgeons.
- Excising - An actual eliminating hemorrhoids with surgery of a hemorrhoid may be necessary..
- The hemorrhoid is cut away and the blood vessels are tied off.
- This procedure is a bit more painful than other types of hemorrhoid removal and the recovery time may be longer.
- However, it is very effective.
For those that need to seek hemorrhoid elimination, it may be recommended to get a colon cancer screening (colonoscopy) as well. These types of studies can help a doctor determine if there is a fundamental cause for regular hemorrhoid flare ups.
Jennifer T. Rader
Jennifer is a writer at utiurine.info, a resource on health tips. Last year, Jennifer worked as a blog curator at a high tech company. When she's not reading web content, Jennifer loves working out and fishing.