Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by swollen veins which swell. It is grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter treatment, undergo a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for dealing with this condition.
- Other non-surgical remedies include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy as well as heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the particular medical practitioner would inject phenol or quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are those referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested to defecate prior to injecting the particular sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment is strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's performance.
- The area to be handled is usually oiled and pain killer may be given.
How To Heal Hemorrhoids
How To Heal Hemorrhoids http://tinyurl.com/hm3e67e If you are suffering from Hemorrhoids, and would like to learn how to heal hemorrhoids permanently and ...
The Sclerosants Must be Injected to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not totally pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is really an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you as well as drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is that the results are quick even if it is less expensive than other treatments.
- The soreness would abate fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body through the organic bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to seniors suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, injecting liquids to the veins does not require much strength and excellent health.
Of Course, Any Treatment Has Its Drawback
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation will be treated. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It can't be used for very large swollen veins or third degree piles, too. In addition , the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a danger for blood clots. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The problem may come back after a year or so.
How To Cure A Hemorrhoid Know How Hemorrhoids are bulges of swollen blood vessels located in the lower anus or perhaps at the general area of the anus. This issue usually develops as a result of straining during a bowel movement. In a manner of speaking hemorrhoids can be liken to...
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It can't be administered to those who have other inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To learn about other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French go to http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com With regard to Italian go to http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Check Out Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.
Jennifer T. Rader
Jennifer is a writer at utiurine.info, a resource on health tips. Last year, Jennifer worked as a blog curator at a high tech company. When she's not reading web content, Jennifer loves working out and fishing.